Lady, be what you wanna be
By Alma “Namene” Amunyela |
In this short piece let me share my thoughts with my fellow ladies on how to be what you want to be in life.
While I’m not a successful woman of the sort that one can boast of, what I know for sure is that I’m on the right path leading there. I do know that nothing and no one can stand in my way to success.
This is because I have learned and I continue to observe several principles which lead to success. And since I don’t want to be selfish, I’m happy to share them with you.
In fact success is not an accident. And living a great life will not come by luck or chance. Success won’t fall from the sky. The good news is that there are principles that lead to success and if you commit to doing the things that successful people do you will also be successful like them.
Let’s only take 5 of those principles for now.
- Be willing to work. There’s nothing you can’t have or can’t achieve in life if you are willing to work for it, and there are no limits to what you can achieve other than those that exist in your own mind. Anything that you want, if you’re willing to work for it, you will achieve it.
- Take responsibility for your life and you will take control of your life. Take responsibility for where you are in life today, and accept the challenge required to get you where you want to be tomorrow. Successful people don’t make excuses or blame others for their own situation. They just focus on what they can do now to change the situation.
- Be grateful. There’s always something in your life to be thankful for. Maybe you’re poor but you have a wonderful family. Maybe you have no job but you have a great friend. Maybe you have no money but you have good health. Grateful people are successful people because they are happy to be alive, so that they go after their goals with renewed enthusiasm every morning.
- Follow your own path. Listen to good advice, but follow your own way. The world is full of opinions. Your family members have opinions. But focus on your path and walk that path, regardless of others’ opinions. You’ll never be truly successful in life unless you’re living the life you want to live.
- Never stop learning and working on yourself. The key to a great life is growth that comes from self-development. Learning doesn’t take place just in school. Even in the community, at work, and at home there is always an opportunity for you to learn and grow. The more you grow the more you know. The more you learn the more you will earn.
My beautiful ladies, never underestimate yourself. Every day you wake up, look yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you can be whatever you wanna be.